Monday, January 28, 2008

It Was A Very Good Year

So Saturday was my birthday. It's kind of fun for a birthday to fall on a weekend, I always feel like I can enjoy more of the day that way rather than work. I suppose I could take the day off, which I know a lot of people do. Maybe I'll start that tradition once Anna is older and I don't feel as though I need to save every spare vacation day in case she gets sick.

Edwin and I went out to Brasa, which has been proclaimed by many local publications to be the best new restaurant in the metro area. We did like the food, but it was far more casual than we were expecting. The location seemed to be a renovated garage, our water was poured into paper cups. Oh well. So we decided to head to Solera for dessert and a drink, and we ended up staying there the rest of the night after we ran into friends Jan and Ranveig who were also at Solera. We haven't seen them in a few months.

Before our babysitter arrived, I explained to Anna that Mommy and Papa were going out to dinner and she and Sasi were staying home with Phoebe. While I was rushing around, trying to finish getting dressed Anna came to me, a little bit upset. "Anna sad, Anna want to go with you!" she cried. Ohh, sweetie!

So far my New Year's resolutions are going okay. I haven't bought any books, I've cut back on snacking at work, no trips to Caribou, etc. But then again today is only January 28, I've got a long way to go!

Right now Sex and the City is playing in the background. I think I've seen all the shows since TBS started showing them, but of course they're all the tamer versions. I've never seen the unedited, uncut episodes. Some day, I guess. Maybe next time Edwin is out of town. Wouldn't that be a fun treat for while he's away?

I'm almost finished reading Eat, Pray, Love. It has been a light, easy, and at times a contemplative read. Oh, to rush off to live in another country when trying to mend your soul! I don't know that I'd choose India and Indonesia for destinations, I'm not that hardy a traveler, but Italy? In a heartbeat, definitely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home