Monday, December 17, 2007

So I Hugged a Total Stranger Today

I offered up my old, light-less Christmas tree on Craigslist yesterday. I think it's still a nice enough tree, not too big, very easy to put together, just without lights. And, since I hate putting lights on a tree with every fiber of my being, I've decided that I'll buy a new tree the next time I'm ready to put up a full size tree again.

It didn't take long for someone to show interest, I didn't ask any money for it. The first person to email, M, promised she could stop by West today and pick it up. And she did. M was thrilled and kept thanking me over and over. She said she's listed lots of things on Craigslist for free and wondered if someday someone would return the favor and offer up something for free that she wanted. And I did.

It all worked out perfectly. M loved the tree, I made some room in the basement, and before she drove off I gave her a hug and wished her a Merry Christmas.

Tis the season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home