Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So I Have a New Sister ... In-Law!

Charlie and Sharon got married last Saturday. I was hopeful that they'd have a beautiful day, and they did. Later everyone learned that Sharon almost fainted at the altar (oops!) and Charlie shed some tears, but from where I was sitting it all looked fine and dandy.

Of course I was busy keeping an eye on Miss Boo, who was busy inspecting, dropping, picking up, and eating M&Ms after a few scampers up and down the side aisle of the church. Had her behavior gotten too out of control Edwin would have taken her out, but I thought overall she was manageable. Her behavior was great considering she wasn't feeling well and was dosed with children's Motrin. No one besides Edwin, Saskia, and I could tell a difference. She'd been borderline on Friday and continued to be feverish on Saturday, but it wasn't until Saturday at the reception that she hit the wall and had to be taken away from the festivities. Poor girl.

Saturday night was brutal, as was Sunday. I made a doctor's appointment on Monday, to learn that Anna had croup. I hadn't even considered croup as Anna had barely coughed all weekend. I was looking up things like "pneumonia" and "bronchitis" on WebMD, not croup. By Monday her fever was gone, but our daycare provider wanted her home Tuesday (is croup contagious?). Now it is Wednesday, and though Anna's voice is back and the croup treatment we gave her 24 hours in the past, home she is again with another fever. So it goes. Tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home