Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hanging With Little Boo

Edwin has been out of town, and goes out of town again next week, so it's just been me and Little Boo. My little Annie-addicted Boo. In the morning, as soon as I lift her out of the crib she's asking "Watch Annie? Watch Annie?" As soon as I pick her up from Marion's house it's "Watch Annie? Watch Annie?" I do let her watch Annie, more than Edwin would let her, I'm sure, but it's never enough for this girl. Of course I use this to my advantage ... it's amazing how quickly and cooperatively the baths go when Annie can be watched immediately afterward.

Over the weekend I stopped at a garage sale and found some CDs for Anna ... they're by the Sugar Beats and describe their music as "Fresh and Funky Retro Pop for Kids and Parents" and I must say, so far, so good. I got three, fify cents a piece. What a deal! All the original songs are fun as they are, to be sure, but these look to be great collections and all very singable. The Sugar Beats even remade "Jive Talkin"! LOL! Anna heard the first couple songs on one of the CDs and liked it right away, so I'm hopeful we can expand our song knowledge beyond Annie. I'm looking forward to "Walk Like an Egyptian" and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough".

Speaking of Little Boo, here are some more words that I don't think I've covered yet:

popcoats = popsicles
Mina = Marion
opee = airplane
pittoe = pillow
fruitcaks = fruitsnacks
brella = umbrella

Tonight Anna and I went for a walk, stopping at Great Harvest (bread) and the playground before going back home. Great Harvest always has samples available ... Anna got a piece of some kind of cookie, I got a large piece of nutty bread which helped tide us over until we returned home. I love how several of the local businesses have play areas--Linhoff Photo, Great Harvest, Dunn Brothers all have toys for kids to play with while there. The toys at Great Harvest are in pretty bad shape, but Anna doesn't seem to mind. We'll certainly be going back in October--the cookie of the month is pumpkin white chocolate chip--doesn't that sound heavenly?

I've had "The War" on in the background every night so far this week. I've been taping it, too, but there's always been an encore after the first showing so I think I've caught most of it through the encore presentation. Edwin is most interested in the Normandy invasion, which I believe is covered tomorrow night. I know I've already taped a different documentary just on that invasion, as well as the Battle of the Bulge. I'll have to dig those out for him. More another time on this, how can one not be moved?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home