Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. I hope our guests enjoyed themselves! I paced my preparation, as did Edwin and once again it all came together in the end.

This year I had the idea for us all to write on a piece of paper something we were thankful for, something other than family, friends, health. Then, we all took turns pulling out a piece of paper and trying to guess who wrote it. It turned out well, was fun. I wrote that I was thankful for the 50 state quarters because I thought they were cool, on Anna's behalf I wrote she was thankful for the tall slides at the playground because they were so much fun.

Anna loved hanging out with the big kids, even though she couldn't really play games with them. I usually suggest to Diane that the kids bring something to do, and this year the big hit was the transformer-like figures Drew brought along. Anna loved them! Drew left one behind by accident, and Anna has enjoyed playing with it in addition to her babies. She talked quite a bit that day which was nice, other people don't always believe us when we tell them how much she talks. Funny girl. There was a time all of us adults were sitting with her by the fire and she started singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and the Itsy Bitsy Spider. Baa Baa Black Sheep is still a favorite, too.

Friday morning I began painting our downstairs bathroom. It had been a cinnamon-y brown color, which I had also painted after we'd moved in but have never really been happy with how it turned out. Now the bathroom is a darker gray, which looks quite striking with the white tile and trim. The work went well and I finished the final cleanup Sunday morning. Lucky for me I didn't need to do a lot of small brush work around the ceiling. I think I may use the leftover paint to repaint the entry by the front door sometime, we'll see!

Edwin spent part of the weekend reconnecting the speakers in the family room. At some point we'll get a wireless system, but for now we still have the wires and the old-fashioned stereo system. We both are on the slower end for adopting new technology ... it wasn't until after our wedding we got a DVD player, not until I was pregnant with Anna that we got a digital camera. The television I brought to our household, and which we still use in our bedroom, doesn't even have a hookup for a DVD player. Oh well.

Otherwise it was lovely to catch up and get some extra rest over the weekend. I was able to get to the Y and also to a movie--The Bourne Ultimatim, which is about to come out on video. Definitely a movie to see in the theater. I loved those movies with Matt Damon. Who would've thought he could pull it off? But he does, and is actually quite good in the role of trained-to-kill Jason Bourne.

I just picked up Anna's pictures from Target tonight. I dropped off a little gift for Julie and thanked her for all her efforts in coaxing a smile or two from Anna during this last photo session.

Lately, I've picked up the book Atonement to read. I started it on our vacation to South Carolina but never finished it. I've noticed it's been made into a movie, so I'm anxious to finish the book before possibly seeing the movie. The Kite Runner is set to release some time next month. I definitely want to make time to see that.

More another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home