Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tears, Gratitude, and Inspiration

One show I like to watch on the internet from time to time is Frontline. I'm not sure when it's usually on television, I don't know that I've ever watched it during its regularly scheduled time. The show has covered such fascinating topics, I've learned so much from it, and the show I watched recently has been on my mind for several days now.

The show which aired on October 30 was titled "The Undertaking", and on its surface interviewed a family of undertakers, the Lynches, who run a funeral home in Michigan. They spoke frankly about their role in their community, being a source of support and counsel to their fellow citizens in their time of need.

To be honest, I haven't been able to watch the complete show, as there is a family on the show who share their story and though at times it is inspiring it is also heartbreakingly sad. Nevada and Anthony Verrino have been preparing for the death of their young son, also named Anthony, since the day he was born. Little Anthony was born with severe birth defects, and they know that his time on earth is short.

Whenever Anthony is shown being held by one of his parents, you can't help but be drawn to his presence, it is really quite amazing to feel you are watching an angel.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/undertaking/stories/verrinos.html#4

A story I'll never forget, certainly wasn't expecting to affect me to this extent. I strongly encourage anyone to watch the show, especially the Verrinos' story. It will move you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home