Wednesday, November 07, 2007

In Sickness and In Health

"Hot, Momma" Anna said a couple times on the drive home from daycare last Friday. No surprise, she'd insisted on zipping her coat as high as it could go and putting up her hood. I'm sure she was warm, but she didn't want her zipper down or hood down so I let her be and kept driving. She said "Hot, Momma" again, as I was unbuckling her to get out of her carseat. Those were her last words before she started vomiting all over herself, me, and the backseat of my car.

About four changes of clothes, several nasty towels and blankets, a dismantled car seat later, and a sleepless night for me, Anna was back to normal. Over the rest of the weekend I scrubbed her car seat the best I could, scrubbed my car the best I could, and patted myself on the back for being able to catch myself up on cleaning and laundry in a day.

Before becoming a mommy, I did feel confident that I could handle most of the typical baby things which came my way. After all, I'd done a ton of babysitting, read plenty of parenting magazines and heard plenty of stories from moms regarding their experiences. However, one area I felt a little iffy about was the vomiting--could I handle the vomiting? How could I do this, I hadn't been able to do it without getting sick myself.

Well last Friday proved to me I no longer need to worry. Poor girl. She was even apologizing to me a few of the times, saying "Sorry Momma". Sweetie, sweetie.

Sunday I felt great and thought we were home free, but that evening it was my turn to be sick, and Edwin was sick as well. I just kept thinking to myself "In sickness and in health."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home