Sunday, December 17, 2006

Progress Feels Good!

A couple days ago Brad C. started to work on remodeling our bathroom. Yay! As of now, the bathroom is completely gutted except for the shower, tub and radiator. We've been able to continue using the shower through the weekend, which has been nice but it'll be gone tomorrow. We knew this time was coming, and we're just anxious to get it over. Brad has help for this project, so he expects it'll go faster than first thought. We may only be without a shower/tub for a few days, rather than over a week which is excellent news. We belong to the Y and there's one across the road from work so we know we'll be able to get by.

I'm just about ready for Christmas, we finally got our Christmas card order so we started on those yesterday. I'm excited to watch Anna open her gifts, I've picked out a few toys I know she will love, including a new baby which is just her size. I need to take another look at what I've purchased for Edwin to see if I need to add to it all or leave as is. I feel far more motivation this weekend than I've felt in a long time.

There are a couple days coming up quickly that we won't have childcare for Anna but Edwin has already offered to stay home with her those days, which is a great relief. I've been juggling my work time a lot just recently with all the days that I've needed to stay home with her, so I'm happy not to have to worry about it this time around. It'll be much, much easier when I get my new vacation time at the beginning of 2007 ... only two weeks away!

Due to the bathroom remodel, there's a dumpster (tub-sized) on our front boulevard. We've also been throwing out some of the furniture left from the last owners of the house. It feels so good to clean up the basement a little bit more. Some guy already stopped by this morning to check out the contents, I don't know what he was hoping to find but I don't think he ended up pulling anything out. I watched!

We had the Children's Party at work yesterday, so more Christmas cookies, ice cream and treats for us. There was a band, arts and crafts, a magician, and face painting. Anna even sat still long enough to get a Christmas tree and star painted on her cheek! Both girls were able to get a gift, the cut-off age is ten so next year Saskia will be out of luck. The line to see Santa Claus was ridiculously long, I didn't even consider waiting in it for Anna. There will be plenty of other opportunities for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home