Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Quest for Cuddles

About a week ago I realized that Cuddles (Anna's little duck she got as a gift from Marion) was gone. It seemed like I had just set him somewhere else ... or did I?? Or did I bring him along in the car and let Anna have him out of the car then lose him? So, I've spent the last week searching every nook and cranny in the house, and calling (or going in person) to various stores and places I've been in the last week to see if they'd found a cute little duckie.

Finally a couple days ago I gave up and bought Anna a new Cuddles from Target. She was so excited when she saw him, he's been her constant companion since I put him in her little arms. I'm guessing the original Cuddles was lost somewhere and whoever found him kept him because he was so cute. He's your typical cute duckie, but Cuddles is special because he also wears a little white bathrobe and duckie slippers. I hope he has a new child to love him.

Trying to find Cuddles made me remember that when I was little I thought all my stuffed animals and dolls had feelings. I'd feel bad if I played with one more than the others, I tried to equal out the attention. When it came to throwing one out I just couldn't do it, how could I throw one away when those loving, loyal eyes were watching me?? I don't know at what age I got over this. Maybe I haven't completely.

I just signed up for a Christmas cookie exchange at work. My deadline is December 18. So far, there are 14 of us signed up. Fourteen dozen cookies--what am I thinking? So I just keep reminding myself I will also get a great variety of cookies, which pushed me enough to sign up. I would like to make frosted sugar cookies, but will have to find a smaller cookie cutters than what I have, I think.

Tonight I will start putting plastic on some of our windows, now that the temperatures have dropped. I didn't want to do it too soon, last weekend I still was opening windows in the house to let in some fresh air. The first to get covered are the lovely built-in air conditioners we have in our kitchen and family room. I can't wait to get rid of those things, hopefully next spring!

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home