Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dreary, Dreary

I'm home today. Anna was sick last night, and is now taking a nap. I was up at least half the night--we went through one set of sheets and two sets of pajamas, eventually Anna and I ended up downstairs on the living room sofa. Anna slept on my chest, and I slept at an incline in hope that would stop her vomiting. It mostly worked. Poor girl was scared by the whole ordeal, but now seems to be okay. We made a quick stop at Walgreens this morning to buy Pedialyte, and to Caribou to get a latte and muffins. So far Anna has been able to keep down the Pedialyte and her part of the muffin we shared. If she has a good appetite for lunch, I think we'll go out for a little bit this afternoon.

We're still waiting to get news about Edwin's car, so the last couple days have resulted in us juggling our appointments and schedules to be able to get by on just using my car. It's possible that the damage will be great enough for it to be totalled, which would actually be okay with us. We've talked about replacing Edwin's vehicle in 2007 anyway, this would just speed that up. We'll see.

Monday night I went to the movie Sweet Land, which has now widened its release and is playing at the Edina theater. It was filmed outside Montevideo, and a few big names in the movie are John Heard, Alex Kingston, and Alan Cumming. I think the woman who played the main character was nominated for an Oscar last year for Phantom of the Opera, but I don't recall her name. I would recommend this movie, definitely. It's a simple, sweet movie about a woman who comes to America in the early 1900s to marry a Norwegian farmer she has never met, and their struggles to marry and keep their farm going. I'm sure I was biased going in to the movie, knowing it was filmed here and the storyline in advance. I love this kind of historical romance, immigrant story. I can imagine those marriages happened a lot back in the day.

I love TJ Maxx!! Recently I checked out the sweater event at TJ Maxx. Funny, Anna was with me and I only had about 15-20 minutes to quickly shop and grab a few things to throw into my cart. Overall I was successful, though I need to go back to look for some different sizes. I found four work-quality sweaters for Edwin and a couple for me. I decided we needed to upgrade our sweaters, so the timing was perfect. A couple days before I did a rush shopping trip for Saskia at Kohl's, which was mostly successful as well. Yay!

Anna is crazy for the phone! Anna loves the phone. Loves it. Her favorite toy. She will get her hands on it, push a few buttons, then hold it to her ear and start babbling. The other day when I wouldn't let her have it (I was listening to messages) she scrambled, climbed up on me, lunged, cried, threw a fit when I wouldn't give it to her. Oh so dramatic, and funny. She does have a play phone but it is just not the same. The play keys are just not the same, either. Only the real thing for Miss Boo.

So, keep your fingers crossed that Anna's sickness has passed. It's hard to see my sweet girl so tired and sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home