Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday, Monday

Here I am, starting another work week. I am hopeful to make some progress with the current issues I've been facing with my data. Everyone keep their fingers crossed!

November 11 is my official ten-year anniversary date at work. I got my employee appreciation gift last week, a Marquis Waterford (crystal) vase. I'm already using it for flowers we got over the weekend, and it coordinates with the other Waterford vase I bought for myself years ago while a sales associate at Daytons. Nice!

I started working here part time as a third-year law student. A friend brought the job opening to my attention, we no longer keep in touch but I am forever grateful to her as I don't know if I would have seen the job opening otherwise. It's strange to think of all that has changed in my life since I started working here.

That's all I'll say, going back to my earlier pledge to not discuss work here.

I got a decent nights' sleep last night, so I'm doing pretty well today. I just can't come off a weekend being exhausted, I just can't. I hope to get caught up on correspondence this week, cards, thank you notes from Anna's party, etc.

We ended up having friends over both Friday and Saturday nights. It works well this way, so that Anna can still go to bed at her usual time and in her own crib. After one notably bad evening, Saskia has been much better about keeping her noise levels down once Anna's bedtime rolls around. Funny how quickly that behavior improved with the hope for having her ears pierced hanging over her head!

Since the weather was glorious again I made sure to bring Anna to the park yesterday, Edwin and Saskia brought her to the park on Saturday. I try to take the fullest advantage of the nice weather, I'd also hoped to squeeze in a walk around Lake Harriet but Anna fell asleep on the drive there so I just let her sleep. Anna falls asleep in the car quite a bit, and rather than moving her I just leave her be so she can nap. I even try to keep reading material in the car for when this happens, which is usually on the way home from daycare.

New Passion: Though I still prefer tea, I've started to order lattes on my trips to Caribou. This is a big deal for me, as I'm generally not a coffee drinker. But I'm finding that on my worst days that tea is just not cutting it for me, I need something stronger to get me through the day. I realize that most of the rest of the world has caught on to this, but for me this switch in drink loyalties is worth noting.

I've been trying to keep my Caribou trips to a minimum, lately as a way of making up for the money I overspent on pictures at Target last week. Like a penance for not having been more careful. I'd like to add another money-saving penance but am not sure what else that could be yet. Any ideas? Let me know!

Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home