Saturday, October 14, 2006

Yay! It's the weekend!

Ahh, feels so good. Edwin often gets Anna out of bed on weekend mornings so I can sleep in a little bit. I'm not always able to sleep, but the rest I get is always nice.

We went to the Town Talk Diner for lunch today. LOVED IT! It's located at 2707 1/2 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, one of the businesses dealing with the revamp of Lake Street. I don't recall when all the construction work began, but I'm sure for those who are in the area frequently it feels like it's been going on forever. This place is a couple blocks east of the Hiawatha/Lake intersection, if you need a point of reference. We haven't been able to go out for dinner on a Friday night for several weeks, so this seemed like a good alternative. Great idea, Husby!

While at the Town Talk Diner, we learned that Anna does not like omelets but does like scramblers. We also recently learned that she loves fresh apple cider, but doesn't really care so much for apple juice. She is fine tuning her tastes, obviously! Friday night, thanks to Saskia's encouragement, she ate an entire jar of squash and white beans that Edwin had made for dinner. It's nice that she's eating such a variety of foods. So far, she's not keen on green vegetables or applesauce. but she eats just about everything else. Switching from formula to whole milk was an easy transition, and she has also switched from bottles to her Gerber cups easily. Thanks sweetie!

Tonight I hope to work on Anna's baby scrapbook a bit. I have everything ready to go, I think I'll be able to spread out on the dining room table and not have to put it all away for a few weeks. As with the wedding scrapbooks I put together, I'm procrastinating on these albums. I want them to be perfect and want to make sure I have everything just right, so then it all becomes an intimidating project and easy to put off. But, typing about it out here will force me to work on it, right??

I just sent out the email inviting all my family in the metro area to Thanksgiving dinner. It's always been a lovely time and Edwin has been very proud to pull together the menu. We've been hosting Thanksgiving since 2001, and I've kept the menus every year since to put in a scrapbook. The Thanksgiving issue of Bon Appetit should be arriving soon, which is always where he pulls his recipes. I try to clean the house from top to bottom and decorate, if Saskia is with us she'll help me clean, come up with ideas for kids activities, and create place cards for everyone. Thanksgiving is often the first time we've made a fire for the season, and the television stays off. It's been a nice tradition.

WHAT I'VE REALIZED LATELY: It is not necessary for me to automatically produce my ID when making a liquor store purchase. Finally figured that one out--I don't look anywhere near 21 anymore. I used to always just hand the ID over with my credit card, assuming that I would be asked for it, but then it occured to me that no one had actually asked for it for a very long time. I do always have it, of course, but who am I kidding to just hand it over? So I've stopped handing it over. I myself am a horrible judge of age and when I worked concessions at the Fitzgerald I would card just about everyone to be safe. I guess the pros can tell, I'm not fooling anyone.

Well, it seems like I always have ideas of what to write about here but once sitting down at the keyboard I seem to forget them all. Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home