Thursday, October 12, 2006

Damn it's cold!

And it's snowing just as predicted. Brrr! Those first cold days of the season always feel so much colder than they really are, I know in February this would be a relative heat wave. But I'm still cold. My two potted plants in front of the house which had been growing gangbusters all summer are now kaput.

I just learned that my friend, Bob, has just completed his last chemo treatment. Congratulations to him--I'm thrilled for him that these treatments are now in the past. I am not naive enough to think this has automatically cured his cancer, but it's still a remarkable milestone and something worth celebrating. He's been back to work for a couple weeks now.

Well, I should have kept my mouth shut in the previous post about Anna being a healthy girl (or knocked on wood while typing it, etc). Since that post she's had some mild to more concerning fevers, the highest temp I got was last night at 103. Her cough has lingered, like mine and Saskia's (and the people in my immediate work area!) and she can switch from baby glee to inconsolable crankiness at a moment's notice. So, Edwin picked her up early yesterday, I'm home from work today, and tomorrow we'll tag team it to get us through to the weekend. The baby Tylenol we give her to manage her fever works quickly so she's able to play and be her usual self as long as we keep giving it to her. Still no other symptoms, I keep scanning her gums for a new tooth but no sign of one yet.

I am so, so close to finishing Angels and Demons, maybe tonight will be the night! Waiting to be read is Anna Karenina, a book I've been wanting to read forever, the Unbearable Lightness of Being which I picked up at Barnes and Noble long ago, somewhat intrigued by the fact that it's set in Prague. Those are the big two, substantive books in my future. Otherwise, I have the Sex and the City book I bought for Edwin's birthday, but I will wait to read that one after he's had the chance, Brideshead Revisted and The Mists of Avalon (thanks Margot and Hans!)

Here--Anna wants to type a few words before I go (she is sitting on my lap):

. m azw;.pl4, ds/ fd xm,. ugfu ix? g;fb ;'gg

Stay warm everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home