Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Friends

Today I had lunch with my friend, Jamie. She is one of the few lunch buddies I have at work, I recently learned that I've lost another--Lisa, who has decided not to return from her maternity leave. I am happy for her of course, but also sad in that I know it will be more difficult for us to keep in touch from now on.

Two other work friends who had their babies in the last couple years also decided not to come back. I can't help but think of them from time to time, especially when I have a particularly challenging day. Overall I'm happy with my decision to go back to my job, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't wonder about it and consider what life would be like if I were home with Anna. That's what happens when I have too much time to think about personal stuff when I'm at work!

Oh, and I have decided to keep any comments about my work out here to a minimum. It's an important part of my life, but to be honest I have no trouble leaving it behind when I leave for the day. It's not constantly on my mind. So, if you (whoever you is or will be) find it odd that I never mention work will know that it's conscious decision on my part.

I have just been made aware that the Twins are behind in game two of their series with the A's. They lost their first game against the A's, and though they have the reputation of coming back to win late in the game, it just doesn't look like it's going to happen this time.

CURRENT FRUSTRATION: the tire pressure light in my vehicle has been on and I can't get it to shut off. I'm supposed to go to my dealer to have them look at it, but that's just too much of a pain in the ass. I did have the local Goodyear business check it out for me (much more convenient, and I trust them) and they were unable to find any problems. That is good enough for me! But, it's annoying to see the light. I have ignored lights before when I was confident there weren't any problems, but it's all a different ballgame now that Anna is with me most of the time. Could Goodyear be wrong? When will I ever find the time to go to my dealer (in Inver Grove Heights) for something as minor as this. Grr.

Tonight I hope to make my weekly trip to Target :) I always pick up a pack of diapers for Anna, and she likes a lot of their food brand items as well and we are out of a few things. Target sells the strawberry applesauce that Anna likes, I've tasted it and I don't think it's that much different than regular applesauce except for the color. Otherwise, Anna hates all other forms of applesauce, which has become a running joke in our household and is mentioned from time to time on her blog. The look on her face when we try to feed it to her is classic. Silly girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home