Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Almost there!

I cannot believe after today I will have four days off from work in a row! Yay! Maybe I will actually get to my scrapbooks somewhere during that time. My new vacation time (four weeks!) kicks in January 1. I look forward to taking a day here, a day there to get things accomplished around the house instead of trying to squeeze it all into a weekend. Repainting the downstairs bathroom, and painting the trim in our bedroom is high on the list. And scrapbooking, of course!

Since the last post, Saskia got sick. Now everyone in the house has gotten the bug except for me. My friend Jamie says I may not get sick, that there's a kind of mommy immunity I have which may protect me. I think if it were to happen it would have by now, it's been a week since I tended to Anna.

I just realized yesterday that we don't have enough chairs in our house for Thanksgiving. It was on my mind at one time to look for some additional, nicer chairs to use in the dining room for when we have company but I just didn't get around to looking for some. Yesterday I quickly ran some searches on craigslist to see what I could find, and I did find some that would work perfectly. So, hopefully I can work things out with the seller.

A few months ago I found our dining room hutch on craigslist. It's a black, distressed-look glass doored cabinet which holds all of our wedding dishes, our knick knacks that had been boxed for lack of a place to be displayed, and then some. If I can work out getting these chairs, I would love to go back and repaint the hutch ... it's currently has a distressed look to it which I would make a more modern-looking black. Yet another project!

I don't mind checking out craigslist from time to time. These chairs I'm hoping to buy are from Room and Board, which is definitely high quality but of course expensive. If I could get those chairs for half of what they cost in the store, barely used, I would be thrilled! I guess I'm always trying to get a deal, and willing to take the time and energy to find it.

Now Anna says "uh oh" when she drops things or while we are playing with her. Sometimes she says "uh uh oh", either way it's pretty cute. I've been trying to pay more attention to her babbles, since Marion mentioned that she thinks Anna has been trying to use distinct words for things. I think Anna has been saying "Sas" for Saskia, "du" for duck and she says "hi" and "hey" a lot.

It is true that time flies, it flies for everyone. I look at Anna and sometimes it just hits me "wow, I'm her mommy!". I have told Saskia that it is something I've wanted all of my life, to be a mommmy. Saskia has said some surprisingly mature things on the topic, I've been honest with her about how being a mommy takes time away from things I want to do, how some of my clothes still don't fit, how I don't get to see my friends as much as I'd like to, etc., but that it was a decision I made knowing this in advance, that many of these sacrifices are temporary, and it has all been worthwhile. Saskia agrees! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home