Monday, July 02, 2007

Lovely Weekend!

Ahh, yes, a nice weekend. How much I appreciate them, how quickly they pass.

Saskia was with us Friday night, after spending most of the week at an overnight horse camp, her very first overnight any camp. She had a great time and had a lot to share about the week. My guess is that once she's too old for Pershing (after next summer) she'll be attending more camps during the summer, so it was good she got this experience now. We started watching "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" together again, I just bought the movie. Since we enjoy the books so much I thought it would be a good one to own.

Saturday night Lucy came over to watch Anna so Edwin and I could go out to dinner--celebrating our anniversary a month+ late. Oh well. I had requested we wait, since just before our anniversary we'd just been on vacation. The initial plan was to go to Oceanaire, where we have a hefty gift certificate, but we couldn't get it so instead ate at the Chambers Kitchen. I'd heard of the hotel before, but not the Kitchen. The surroundings were modern, very crisp, the portions were controlled, the food excellent and the service perfect. It all came together nicely, and it was a gorgeous evening to be walking around downtown.

Sunday I was able to get away from the house to see the movie "Evening". It was good, but not astoundingly good. I'd gotten my expectations a bit high since there were so many accomplished actresses in the cast, but there wasn't really a big payoff like I thought there'd be. I really wanted to go to a movie at one of the Landmark theaters ... I bought movie passes a long time ago, and they expire in August. Of course they can only be used during matinees, so all the more trickier to make it work in my schedule.

Sunday evening Edwin packed a salad and drinks so we could have a picnic at the Bandshell and listen to the MN Pops Orchestra. I swear they play the same songs every year ... Appalachian Spring, El Capitan (which the kids can march along) and Stars and Stripes Forever at the end. I thought Anna would enjoy the concert more than she did, maybe we were too far away for her to get a sense of where the music was coming from. For the last song I moved us right in front of the stage, then she enjoyed running around in circles and clapping her hands.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. I'm still bringing work home most nights, so I'm adding about an extra hour of something to my work day. Sigh! If I can keep this up it'll be okay, but it's getting harder and harder to stay motivated when I know this workload will continue through August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home