Sunday, November 16, 2008

So I Know My Blog is Lame, Lame, Lame

Yes, I know. Someday I will get around to making it half as cool as some of the blogs I frequent. My to-do list for Thanksgiving weekend keeps getting longer and longer ... what will actually get accomplished during that time is anyone's guess. Maybe this task will make the cut.

So my Little Boo is now 3. We haven't uploaded pictures from her party yet, but I can tell you they're very sweet. Imagine a little girl with a pageboy haircut, a pink dress, bare feet, and lots of pink frosting on a big pink cake and there you have it! I think I was more excited than she was about the whole thing. It wasn't over the top, it felt just right. I suppose she is too young to remember it all in the future and that's why I take my scrapbooking so seriously. I continue to keep a diary for Anna as well.

Such a memorable week it was, starting that Thursday the 30th of October, Anna's birthday. At Step by Step birthday kids do a special birthday walk ... while all the kids sit in a circle, the birthday child gets to pick out a globe, and walks around a vase full of sunflowers to represent the sun. The birthday child walks around as many times for years they are old, so Anna walked around three times. What a lovely idea, isn't it? Unfortunately, once Anna saw I was there she started crying and cried the whole time. Sigh. I think she was too freaked out for me to be in the room and disrupting their school day.

That night the four of us went out to eat at TGIFridays, which has worked really well for us as a family. By that time Anna was her usual self again and she enjoyed deciding what to order from the kids' menu and told the server all by herself what she wanted! We were so surprised!

The next day was Halloween and more excitement. Instead of sending treats for her class, I'd gotten all of the kids' names and painted them on clear plastic glasses and put swirly designs on them. Ms. Brooke said they were a hit, I just hope people appreciated the effort and that the paint doesn't wear off the glasses too quickly. That evening we were invited over by our neighbors next door and all the kids had a great time trick-or-treating. Edwin didn't mind taking Anna around ... she decided to wear her lion costume and received a good amount of candy. I made sure she ate a good dinner before going out so I didn't mind her eating candy and treats the rest of the night.

The Saturday following Halloween we had company at our house for dinner and then Anna's party on Sunday. The house was spotless! I've been doing mini-projects throughout the house for weeks in advance, it's almost nice to have company over to get that extra push to finish a few things.

Sunday, party day, went smoothly. It was a warm, beautiful day and mid-morning I took her on a walk to Lake Harriet where we played on the playground for at least an hour. We walked home, she had lunch, and I gave her a quick bath and put her down for a nap. While she napped the rest of us finished what remained to be done--I went to Super Target to get her cake, I decorated with a few streamers, I finished assembling her dollhouse bookshelf, Edwin finished the meal, etc. He and Saskia woke up Anna about a half hour before the party was to begin and she was perfect (though a little shy) for her party. I just wanted to high-five someone, the timing for all of the preparation went so well!

Along with her dollhouse/bookcase, Anna got her first Barbie-type dolls as gifts, some doll furniture, a princess shirt, some adorable slippers and birthday money to go into her savings account. From Sasi she got four Curious George books which we've been reading almost every day. All in all a good time and nice, thoughtful gifts for Anna's birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home