Saturday, August 04, 2007

Horrible, Horrible

I am sure you know what I am talking about--the 35W bridge collapse. I feel so horrible for the victims and their families. I can't imagine the shock, the clinging to hope, the loss. To think that peoples' loved ones still haven't been recovered is just tragic. One of the missing is a young, pregnant mom and her daughter, who happens to be Anna's age. So very, very sad.

It was a weird fluke but I happened to catch the earliest reports of it on television. I had hoped to catch a few headlines on the local news, so happened to turn it on the television that evening. Unbelievable.

And, very, very infuriorating. As Amy Klobuchar said, bridges in this country should not just fall down. But that's another post.

The victims and their families are in my thoughts and prayers. We haven't been anywhere near the site since the collapse happened, I have a feeling that years from now, with a new bridge built, I'll still think about this tragedy whenever I cross it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home