Friday, January 02, 2009

Farewell to a Friend

Emilie passed away on December 24th and I attended her funeral at the Basillica the following Monday. It was a beautiful service, with meaningful touches one just had to know Emilie arranged for herself. To me she will always be the beautiful May bride, though obviously at the time of her death the roles of mother and wife were far, far bigger in her life.


Emilie--I appreciated your friendship. You will always be in my heart.















Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave
Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave
I know. But I do not approve and I am not resigned.

-Edna St. Vincent Millay

1 Comments:

Blogger Marketing Mama said...

What a beautiful post and poem! I just linked to it on my post that tracks mentions of Emilie, I hope that's okay. Take care, Missy

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home