Monday, May 04, 2009

Could it Really Be Spring?

Funny how a little sunshine turns things around. All of a sudden I feel like I have more energy and gusto to get to projects dreamed up over the dreary winter months.

Most people are thinking of their gardens right now, of course. Not me. I'm thinking of painting! Saskia's room is my big project of the season, to be completed bit by bit. Last summer I repainted the door and doorframe to her room, a few weeks ago I repainted her windows and replaced the blinds. Next is another door, and then the ceiling. Unfortunately, each part I focus on takes far more time than I expect, since the condition of the door or windows or whatever is in such bad shape. Sas still needs to pick out the paint colors she wants for the walls, and I also found a new rug and lamp to match the new bedding she got for Christmas. Slowly it's coming together, and now that I can throw open a few windows while I work things should dry quickly. I just have to find the time.

I'll plant some flowers in the planters to place by the front door, but I'm thinking it may just be best to remove the window boxes completely. I just haven't had any luck with them. Last summer was the best summer yet, but even so one window box flowered like crazy and the other window box was obviously lacking and lopsided. I give up! I've had great luck with my houseplants, though, and just picked up a new one over the weekend.

Last month I went to The Barber of Seville at the Ordway, my first opera. I'd always wanted to give it a try, and all the ads I'd heard promised it would be an easy one for first-timers, and it was.

Edwin has made plans for our anniversary and I've asked them to be a surprise. He's teased me, saying the plans start with the letter "V" and all I can think of is Vincent's, a restaurant that we love downtown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home