Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Random News

I gave up soda pop for Lent and so far, so good. I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would. I haven't given up caffeine, or sparkling water though. My guess is that it was the carbonation that I craved, not necessarily the caffeine or the sweeteners, and I'm still getting that carbonation from the sparkling water. Listening to an episode or two of Dishing Up Nutrition convinced me to give it a try. The only frustration I'm having is with the cafeterias at work--they offer special combo deals with pop and chips or pop and fries but are unwilling to substitute other beverages for the pop. Oh well, I guess if anything that is helping me stick to not eating French fries, too. I haven't had French fries for weeks, which I definitely feel good about.

A big news story today is about Natasha Richardson and the skiing accident she had while at Mont-Tremblant. She took a fall while completing a ski run and walked away with a laugh but then later suffered from a dreadful headache indicating a serious brain injury from the fall. Some unconfirmed stories indicate she is brain dead. So very tragic and sad. Mont-Tremblant is where we vacationed last summer, and though it was summer we did spend some time on the ski lift and hiking in what would otherwise be ski areas.

I just got a letter from the State of Minnesota reminding me of the CLE compliance requirements for maintaining my law license. I've tried to take courses from time to time, but I'm still about 20 credits short, which I need to make up between now and June 30. Sigh! I think I can do it, several courses are offered between now and then but I hate the pressure from rushing to get them all in. I really need to pace myself better than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home