Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'd Forgotten How Much Colds Can Suck

Yes, I am in the midst of a nasty cold. I could tell I was coming down with something last Thursday afternoon. Friday was chills and body aches so I stayed home from work. Saturday was better, with more cold symptoms than flu. Sunday I lounged most of the day, Edwin happily taking Anna after being gone all of last week. Monday I dragged myself into work and kept medicated, today I did the same. It's always amazing to me to empty multiple bottles and packages of cold medicine just purchased, trying to keep up my symptoms. Sigh. I'll go to bed in a few minutes and hope for a better day tomorrow. Thank God for effective cold medicine!

I'd debated but still went ahead with a dentist appointment I had on Saturday. It had been rescheduled and it's tricky to find a Saturday time which would work for both me and Anna, who had her first appointment. She cried that morning and claimed she didn't want to go to the dentist, but once we got there she was fine. She watched what happened with me and decided she was okay sitting in the dentists' chair by herself for the same (polishing and flossing) and enjoyed picking out a prize from the treasure chest afterward. She asked me if they'd give her candy as a treat, LOL. No, dentists don't give out candy I told her.

Recently I had an eye appointment, the first one in about five years. Wearing contacts you generally need to go for an appointment once a year, but since I had Lasik I haven't gone at all. Good news, I still have 20/20 vision. My fear was that I'd go and learn it wasn't 20/20 anymore and that I'd need glasses. I'm sure some day I will need reading glasses, but I'm hoping that won't happen for a few more years. It was reassuring to learn the changes in my vision I've experienced recently are due to the dry air or eye strain, factors I can control.

And of course I had a birthday a couple weeks ago--I'm now 38. How did I get this old? The Saturday before Edwin and I went to Bryant Lake Bowl for Lorna Landvik's one-woman show. She's a local author and I've read one of her books for a book group. She shook hands and greeted everyone after the show, she told me I looked "continental" in my outfit of red shirt, black scarf, black skirt and black boots. I took that to be a compliment and thanked her but pointed to Edwin and said he was the "continental" one.

After Bryant Lake Bowl we had dessert and coffee at Lucia's, then home. It wasn't a late night or crazy fun but just right. The night of my birthday the four of us went out to eat at California Pizza Kitchen, which I hadn't been to before. All around a good birthday, and I now have a new two-toned watch I've wanted for some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home